The name of the organisation is Eye on Global Health, herein referred to as EOGH.
CVR number: 40734880
The aims of the organisation are as follows:
- To publish regular articles and other content on our website, eyeonglobalhealth.com, that are relevant to current issues within the field of Global Health (GH).
- To encourage authorship of articles by, but not limited to, MScGH students at KU.
- To provide a forum for exploring topics and ideas that go above and beyond the GH curriculum.
- To organise engaging events, including but not limited to guest speakers, movie screenings, and panel discussions.
- To provide an environment for interested students to enhance their writing, editing, event coordination and social media skills through our regular activities.
- To develop partnerships with other relevant organisations to promote the work of EOGH.
Political and ethical framework
- EOGH is a non-profit organisation. The committee and team members may only receive payment, direct or indirect, as reimbursement for legitimate expenses.
- EOGH will not espouse the cause of any political party.
- EOGH may organise events in conjunction with political organisations but the role of the co-sponsor must be transparent.
- EOGH aims to publish a range of perspectives, but will not provide a platform for hate speech or content that is considered harmful to a particular group. If it is called to the team’s attention that something we have published meets these criteria, we will make every effort to make suitable amendments in dialogue with the person who brought the issue to the team’s attention, on a case-by-case basis. Amendments can include (but are not limited to) adding a footnote to a piece, publishing an apology via the blog and/or social media channels, and retracting a previously published article.
- EOGH will take all necessary steps to ensure that our meetings, events and online content are accessible to all.
- EOGH will ensure that it complies with any relevant data protection legislation.
- EOGH believes that discrimination or harassment, direct or indirect, based on a person’s gender, age, race, skin colour, nationality, religious belief, socio-economic background, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, family situation, domestic responsibilities or any other irrelevant distinction, is detrimental to the global health community and wider society, and will not be tolerated.
- EOGH is affiliated to the University of Copenhagen School of Global Health, however our views are our own.
- All interested KU students are welcome to participate in meetings and activities, and will come under the umbrella term of “The EOGH Team”.
- Formal committee position with designated roles and responsibilities are listed below.
- The majority of formal committee positions should be filled by current KU MScGH students.
- Committee positions are elected at Biannual General Meetings (BGM): held in January and June. This is to provide continuity and facilitate smooth handover of responsibilities. If more than one person is interested in a particular committee position and a consensus cannot be reached, the position will be decided by a vote.
- The same person may hold a particular committee position for a maximum of one year; longer terms can only be sanctioned by a unanimous vote.
- Any KU student or MScGH alumnus can run for a committee position and/or vote in a BGM, provided they have previously attended at least one routine meeting and are familiar with the activities of EOGH.
- If a committee member (for example, the Editor) resigns before the end of a 6 month term, the committee can choose to promote an acting Editor for the interim period, or call an Extraordinary General Meeting to elect a new Editor who will serve until the next BGM.
- New committee positions can be created at a BGM if required; positions that are no longer necessary can also be removed.
- If the situation arises in which a committee member is not performing their duties as required, behaving inappropriately or misusing society funds this will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the remaining committee members. Possible actions include verbal and written warnings, and the possibility of expulsion from office on the vote of the committee.
- Constitutional amendments shall require a two-thirds majority at a BGM open to all team members.
- We receive a non-conditional annual budget for reimbursements from the University of Copenhagen School of Global Health. The use of this is decided by the EOGH Team.
Standing committee positions include chair, (co-) editor and treasurer. Other positions can be added or removed as necessary to suit the skillset of the team and the current objectives of the EOGH board.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the website/publication schedule and the final look/content of published articles.
- Responsible for organising routine meetings as required (approximately one per month), and for organising BGMs in January and June.
- Ultimately responsible for matters relating to publicity and the reputation of EOGH.
- Responsible for editing and publishing articles as a team.
- Responsible for ensuring articles and images are properly credited/referenced.
- Responsible for website maintenance and helping to plan output with the social media coordinator.
- Responsible for organising and coordinating at least one event per semester, with input and assistance from the EOGH Team.
- Responsible for coordinating receipts from event-related expenditures and passing these on to the Treasurer.
- Responsible for managing the yearly budget and updating records via the Google Drive.
- Responsible for entering receipts for expenditures into RejsUd system and distributing reimbursements, plus doing accounts on RejsUd in November/December.
- Responsible for preparing a brief Treasurer’s report for each Biannual General Meeting.
Social media coordinator:
- Responsible for the smooth running and regular activity of EOGH’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
- Responsible for finding and sharing engaging content related to GH, including suggestions from other members of the EOGH Team.
- Responsible for liaising with partners (including the MScGH Alumni Network, SIGHT SON Network and EST) to pursue common goals.
- Responsible for engaging partners and MScGH alumni to create content pertaining to internships, theses and careers in global health.
Visual content coordinator:
- Responsible for creating visual content such as infographics and videos.
- Responsible for sourcing visual content related to global health that can be shared via our social media channels.
This constitution agreed by EOGH Team on 12th January 2022.